Turmeric Consumption - Benefits & Side Effectss
What is turmeric?
The reason why it is also called golden spice is hidden in its dozens of benefits. However, before explaining the benefits of turmeric, let's answer the question, "What is turmeric?" This spice, which is seen as one of the secrets of longevity, is the product of the root turmeric plant. It can be consumed fresh, but the most common form of use is in powder form.
For those who want to consume it in capsules, turmeric supplements are also available. You can also drink it in the tea. It contains curcumin. If you ask what curcumin is, it is a pigment. It is present in the components of turmeric. Curcumin alone has a strong enough structure to overcome many diseases. But it needs to be activated.
What are the benefits of turmeric?
- It creates a natural antibiotic effect and helps you fight infections and germs in your body.
- It is used in the treatment of cancer; it is an essential weapon in fighting cancer cells. It provides benefits in regular use.
- It is one of the rare foods that everyone can use with peace of mind as it has almost no side effects in low amounts.
- It can regenerate the liver. It helps prevent fatty liver in regular use; it is also used to treat fatty liver.
- It helps individuals with low immunity to strengthen their immune systems. It reduces the risk of catching diseases and makes them easier to overcome.
- It is also used in the treatment of inflammatory wounds in the body. This helps to clean and heal wounds, speeding up the process.
- Turmeric and turmeric masks are a savior, especially for those with acne problems. It helps to get rid of acne spots by renewing the cells. Cleanses and rejuvenates the skin.
- It supports the digestive system. It also helps solve constipation with the lovely gold mixture, especially for those who suffer from constipation.
- It accelerates fat burning, provides appetite control, and thus helps you lose weight faster.
- It is a natural pain reliever due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to reduce your pain, such as headache, stomachache.
- It is beneficial in regular use in menstrual irregularities.
- It also helps to solve problems such as bloating, edema, and gas.
7 Side Effects of Over Consuming Turmeric
1) Causes Iron Deficiency
Iron deficiency, which occurs due to unhealthy or irregular nutrition, also hurts metabolism.
If you do not have a diet in your daily life, some foods you consume can cause the body to absorb iron. Just like turmeric!
Excessive consumption of turmeric causes a rapid decrease in the iron rate of the body over time.
If you frequently consume turmeric, we recommend that you consult your doctor to avoid any adverse effects.
2) Lowers Blood Pressure
Although low blood pressure is not considered dangerous under normal conditions, blood pressure will drop to very low when you consume turmeric more than necessary.
At the same time, turmeric entering the body hurts blood pressure and shakes the whole body and causing many problems.
If you are also using drugs that keep blood or blood pressure in balance, we recommend being careful when consuming turmeric.
3) Causes Stomach Problems
Although spices, which are frequently preferred in meals, are seen as a complementary element, they often create side effects for the stomach.
Just like other spices, turmeric increases stomach acid production when consumed excessively.
If you have a stomach problem from the past, unconscious turmeric consumption may trigger these disorders over time.
For this reason, if the turmeric you add to your meals causes any side effects or if you are using stomach medications, you should consult your doctor.
4) Creates Diabetes Risk
One of the effects of turmeric is that it causes a decrease in blood sugar.
If you are using diabetes medication, you should first consult your doctor and determine how much turmeric to consume.
As a result of many studies, it has been seen that turmeric affects many hormones in the body.
If you do not want to disrupt the general functioning of the body or if you’re going to take precautions for diabetes, you can balance it by consuming a sufficient amount of turmeric carefully.
5) Increases Kidney Stone Risk
Spices used to prepare deliciously and full-fledged meals can react differently when mixed with blood.
Especially when sharp and dominant flavors such as turmeric enter the blood, it interacts with calcium and causes insoluble side effects in the body.
6) May Cause Allergic Reactions
Allergic problems, efficient during seasonal transitions, can turn into an extra problem when turmeric is added.
At the same time, it is helpful to consider yellow food coloring, which is among the damages of turmeric to the skin.
If you want to take precautions against skin problems or avoid allergies, you should limit excessive turmeric consumption.
7) Causes Nausea and Vomiting
It is possible to say that turmeric is not stomach and intestinal-friendly due to its components.
If you are using any blood-related medication, the turmeric you consume interacts with this medication and causes the water in the blood.
At the same time, excessive consumption of turmeric will slow down some functions in the body, causing nausea and even vomiting from time to time.